Monday, April 18, 2011

Are you asleep yet?

Remember when you were a kid and you would take a long car trip with your family, well at least it seemed like a long car trip to you when you had no concept of time and distance.  Anyways, you repeatedly asked "Are we there yet?" to your parents to the point that they wanted to drive off a cliff?

I had a night similar to one of those car trips last night.  Funny how most of my stories revolve around bedtime.

I was laying down with MJ and as my usual told him Goodnight, close your eyes, and go to sleep. Two seconds later I hear:

"Mommy, are you asleep?"

"No."

"Are you asleep now?"

"Shh."

"Why is the door shut?"

"We always close the door. Go to sleep."

"Are you asleep?"

"Shh."

"Mommy, go to sleep."

"Shh."

"Why do YOU keep saying that?"

"Stop talking."

"Mommy, go to sleep."

"I can't go to sleep because you keep talking."

"Are you asleep yet?"

"Shh." (Trying not to laugh)

"Why are you laughing?"

"Shh."

"Mommy, if you don't go to sleep you're going to be grouchy tomorrow."

(Okay, first - I can't believe he said I would be grouchy!  I am never grouchy.  Bitchy yes.  Grouchy no.  And never to him, only people who deserve it.  You know who you are. And second - it was pretty damn funny when he said it, I was trying to hold the laughter back.)

"Shh."

"Mommy, your going to be tired...go to sleep."

At this point I could see him sneaking off the bed and creeping to the closed door.

"M.J. I can see everything you are doing right now. Get back in bed."

"I was just gonna open the door."

"Go to sleep."

He finally fell asleep shortly after that, but really.  I lost track of how many times he asked me if I was asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment